to the Valu Merchandisers Company
The basic concept of the Valu Merchandisers program consists of two very important commitments:
• Providing our retail partners with the best variety of quality merchandise at the lowest possible cost
• Providing merchandising and promotional programs to sell products at retail.
From state-of-the-art order selection techniques to low cost deliveries, VMC's program will bring goods to your door at the lowest possible cost.
VMC supports distribution on approximately 22,100 items. Of these, 7000 are Health and Beauty Care, 6000 are General Merchandise, 3000 are Seasonal and Promotional items and 6100 are Specialty Foods and Dollar Grocery products. We can meet the needs of virtually every retailer we supply."
"Best Choice" HBC/GM Label
• Exclusive product selection of more than 600 "Best Choice" HBC/GM items.
• High quality specifications; national brand equivalent or better.
• Competitively priced and very profitable.
• Highly promotable. A Great Value!
VMC staff will assist in re-merchandising and re-tagging all departments upon conversion to the program. Our staff will help train in-store HBC/GM personnel. VMC's field sales specialists will routinely visit your operation to offer guidance and support. Department planograms will be provided to maximize sales and improve inventory control. Our staff will help establish goals and objectives with your store management regarding:
• Competitive pricing
• Space allocation
• Gross profit objectives
• Seasonal merchandising
• All deal allowances are passed through for the full length of the deal period.
• Temporary Price Reductions are available through the TPR program.
• Seasonal promotions including Valentines, Easter, Spring & Summer, Lawn & Garden, Back to School, Halloween and Christmas.
• Monthly promotions with specialty priced shippers and bonus packs.
• A full-case pack program allowing you to buy the top items at our lowest possible cost.
HBC and GM shipped in less than inner pack quantities threes and sixs for most items.
Damaged products and outdates are either sent to the Reclamation Center or credited via a swell allowance for select vendors participating in the program. A list of authorized vendors for Reclamation is available upon request.
A full-time customer service coordinator can be contacted toll-free to resolve your questions promptly. We pledge to meet our customers' expectations.
Retail Pricing Options
Seven retail price zones will be maintained. The VMC Retail Pricing Specialist will assist you with your retail pricing needs. You can choose to create and maintain your own retail price file.
Ordering and Delivery
Schedule Orders will be processed, billed and delivered on a timely basis.
A monthly newsletter called the VM News is published and distributed to all retailers on the program. This newsletter contains vital information about new items, recalls, industry news and special promotions including upcoming FSI's and product launches.
All manufacturer supplied fixtures are free of charge. All other types of fixtures will be sold at cost including:
• Power wings
• Private Label Shelf Extenders
• Customer Fixtures
VMC Trade Shows
Valu Merchandisers Company coordinates 2 trade shows a year, bringing it's members to Kansas City. The VMC Trade Shows provide retailers the opportunity to view new items, get merchandising ideas and purchase show items at a savings of at least 10%. The show is also a great medium to establish and/or reinforce relationships with manufacturers and brokers.
For more information about VMC, please contact:
Joe Busch, Vice President of Sales
WRITE Joe Busch, Vice President of Sales
Valu Merchandisers Company
(within AWG building)
5000 Kansas Avenue
Kansas City, KS 66106